Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Nashville takes Game One 3-2

Rinne and Weber defending against Datsyuk.
It feels kind of weird to cheer for a certain team when you're predicting the opposing team will beat them. This is especially the case when everyone else you see/know is cheering for the same team. That's how today went at Central Michigan University. Everywhere you went, a Red Wings jersey, hoodie, or t-shirt was present, shining out among everybody walking on the sidewalk. I was one of those people, sporting Henrik Zetterberg's #40 all day. I wonder how many people had the same mindset I did, right now I'm not really upset since my bracket's starting out well.

The Predators proved why they have home ice advantage, winning game one over the Red Wings. Aside from some penalties that shouldn't have been called against Detroit in the first period, Nashville seemed to have the stronger game, even with much less shots in the second and third periods. The first period set the Wings back, and the crowd of "mustard-yellow" jerseys (as Mark Lee of CBC called it) were in it the entire game. Detroit's going to have to fight even harder to get past Rinne and possibly mess up my bracket. Hope Helm's alright, currently getting surgery after taking a skate to the elbow. (That'd be a player the Wings will miss)

It's also really odd to have CMU Cable, and get to choose which playoff game broadcast I prefer to watch. The Detroit-Nashville game tonight was on CBC, Fox Sports Detroit, and CNBC. I obviously chose CBC, no brainer there, as soon as Ken Daniels and Mickey Redmond started telling stories rather than actually calling the game below them. (For someone whose dream job is hockey play-by-play, something that little can be pretty annoying)

And from what I've seen so far tonight with the first period of the Canucks vs. Kings, Vancouver has played great so far. I certainly wouldn't rule out an upset though, Los Angeles looks pretty focused...I'm still stunned that Pittsburgh would give up a 3-1 lead to Philadelphia, that'll also be a close series.

AND SO THE PLAYOFFS COMMENCE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment