Thursday, October 11, 2012

Opening Night

This was opening night.

This was the Thursday night in October I would suddenly rush home and turn on Hockey Night in Canada. The night in high school, when I’d get home from marching band practice and run downstairs, frantically flipping to channel 99; Toronto would be playing their first game of the season. I got to see all the new and old faces once again, hear the voice of Bob Cole, and witness some fast-paced sports action once again.

This was the night I counted down to during my freshman year at CMU, starting from a month away. The player introductions, the first goal, all the excitement. I think September 2010 was half-spent sucking in the college life, the other half was waiting for opening night on CBC…

There wasn’t any anticipation this year…I’m so sad…

Opening night 2008, where Nikolai Kulemin made his NHL debut by scoring his first goal

No comments:

Post a Comment